Moist Orange Poppyseed Cake
1 large orange, peeled and roughly chopped (I used 1 small orange and 70g apple puree).
185g butter, melted
1 cup caster sugar ( I used ¾ cup)
1 ½ cups self raising flour
2 tbs poppyseeds
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Grease mini bundt cake tin well.
3. Puree whole orange in food processer. Mix in apple puree.
4. Add melted butter, eggs, sugar and mix well.
5. Add flour and poppy seeds and mix with a hand whisk until well combined. Pour the batter into the tin.
6. Bake for 15 mins or until cooked when tested.
7. Allow to fully cool before removing from the bundt molds. Use a small silicone spatula or non-metal knife to help carefully release the cakes. Turn onto a cooling rack, then glaze and serve.
Vanilla Cashew Cream Glaze
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight
1/3-2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and place them in a high-speed blender with 1/3 cup milk, the honey, vanilla, and salt.
2. Blend until creamy and smooth, slowly adding more milk to thin out if necessary. Scrape the sides as needed.
3. Chill in a bowl until ready to use. Glaze thickens a bit as it sits.
4. Invert the cakes and dip into the glaze letting the excess drip off.
5. Top with poppy seeds, lemon zest, and/or sprinkles. Glaze does not fully set.
Recipe adapted from: