5 eggs (large),
½ vanilla essence
170g plain flour or all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3tbsp soda drink or fizzy drink
Cooking oil, for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 200C, put flour in a baking pan, bake for 2 mins. Stir flour on 1 min interval. Set aside to cool. Add in baking powder and stir well and sift for two to three times.
2. Add salt and sugar and vanilla essence into eggs, use a hand mixer beat over low speed in a water bath until egg mixture become fluffy and warm (about 40C).
3. Continue to beat the mixture on a stand mixer for 20mins until thick and pale. Beat over slow speed for another 1 min.
5. Add in fizzy drink slowly. Then slowly add in sifted flour over egg mixture and mix over low speed till combined and smooth. Do not over mix.
6.. Grease oil and heat Bahulu mould in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove Bahulu mould from the oven, spoon 1 tbs mixture into mould until 90% full.
8. Bake for 8 mins at middle rack or until golden brown.
9. Remove the mould from oven and use a toothpick to carefully prick cake with skewer and lift out. Cool on wire rack.
10. Grease warm mould again before use and put into oven to re-heat for another 2mins. Continue to bake until all mixture finished.
11. Cool on wire 10.Store in air-tight container once cooled.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover *