(I make 22 with 1kg rice)
1kg pork belly, cut into bite size
24 pcs dried chestnuts (I used cooked chesnut)
12 salted duck eggs (Clean egg shells, separate egg yolks from whites, cut into 1/2)
12 dried shitake mushrooms (soak in water to soften and trim the stem)
2 bulbs of garlic (finely chop)
100g dried shrimp (soak in water for 15 mins)
1kg glutinous rice (soak in water overnight, drain rice)
22 Dried oyster (simmer for 20 mins)
1 can store bought braised peanut
Marinated pork belly:
1. Add 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 3 tbsp light soy sauce, 3 tsp five spice powder, 2tsp chicken powder. Mix well and marinate overnight in fridge.
1. To prepare filling: heat oil in wok, stir fry mushroom until fragrant, add in marinated pork for 5 mins, add chestnuts. Add some water and let it simmer for another 10 mins. Set aside.
2. To prepare glutinous rice: add 200ml oil into the wok used in (1). Add garlic and dried shrimp, stir-fry until fragrant. Add glutinous rice, mix well. Sufficiant oil added will ensure the rice wouldn't stick on the bamboo leave later. Add 4 tbsp light soy sauce and 2 tbsp dark soy sauce. (Depends on how dark and salty you want the rice dumpling to be)
3. To assemble: Overlap two pieces of bamboo leaves, make a cone shape and press in a spoonful of rice, top with filling and cover with rice again. wrap up the rice dumplings and tie with grass strands. (I used nylon string)
4. To Boil: Prepare a big pot of water in pressure cooker, when water boiled, lower down the rice dumplings, boil for at least 40mins. The water level has to be always above the rice dumplings. Take out the rice dumplings while it is done, dip dry the rice dumplings by hanging.
Note: I put a chicken stock and 1 tbsp of salt into boiling water to boil the dumpling.
Recipe adapted from :
Wendy@ Table for 2... or More