今天一早起来想要把部落格的Labels从新整理一下那里知道一不小心把某些贴子给删除掉了，不知道自己删除了几个但是其中有三个是自己很喜欢的作品椰蓉蔓越莓面包，Oreo Cream Cheese Blondie，Pandan Layer Cake，心里很慌又急。为什么不能retrieve那个被删除的贴子呐，后来什么心情也没了，就出去透透气。回来从新把那三个食谱再type上。幸好还有储存图片，所以还有补救的余地。
那天回到家问老公我不在的一个礼拜他吃什么为生， 他说一天吃Hungry jack’s, 后来Subway，然后轮到Pimp My Pizza, 再来就是Mc Donald’s 。。huh。。什么Mc Donald’s?? 我问他为什么沦落到吃M，不是打死都不吃的吗？他说不吃就没有得选了，还是吃吧，再说它们的Angus Beef Burgers还挺好吃的。哈哈，看吧，没得选的时候就算再不喜欢，能填饱肚子的也都变得可以接受了。有时家里煮了一堆好料还要逼着来吃，真是生在福中不知福。（这句不会翻译成英文呐。。所以骂不成）
可怜我老公吃快餐一个礼拜，给他做了比较洋化的晚餐 Beef & Guinness Pie.
Beef & Guinness Pie
Ingredients: (4 servings)
750g braising beef, cut into 3cm pieces
35g plain flour
2 tbs light olive oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 carrot, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 small handful fresh herbs (springs rosemary, thyme & bay leaf)
250ml beef stock
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
100g cheddar cheese, grated (I use gruyere)
2 sheets pre-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
1) Place beef and flour in a ziplock or plastic bag and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss the bag so all the beef pieces are coated in the flour. Then, tip the beef into a bowl.
2) Heat half the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based casserole dish over high heat. Add half the beef and cook for 4 – 5 minutes. Turning the beef often until browned all over. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining oil, butter and beef.
3) Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and stir for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Return the beef to the pan then add the herbs, Guinness, stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 1.5 hours or until the beef is tender, stirring every now and then to prevent the beef from catching on base.
4) Remove the lid, increase the heat to high and boil for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat, season to taste and cool.
5) Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove the bay leaves and any herb stalks from the beef mixture.
6) Divide the mixture among four 375ml capacity ramekins or pie dishes and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
7) From the pastry, cut out rounds, slightly bigger than the ramekins and place on top each ramekins. (I stacked 2 pieces puff pastry together so that I have a thick crusty puff later. Simply use some water /egg wash to stick the 2 pieces puff pastry together). Press around to seal.
8) Brush the tops with the beaten egg, place on an oven tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Reference: Grillhouse Gastropub at home, by Ross Dobson, pg 155