其实我是很讨厌吃汉堡的，因为这里的汉堡都是巨无霸，我的口又不够汉堡的体积大，所以往往吃到很乱，里面的料都掉满地。我老公就不同啦，超级喜欢汉堡包, 他自制的包可以大到半尺高，是我无从下手的特大型汉堡包。昨天，外甥 Gabriel 要回家之前，竟然对我冰箱贴着的Hungry Jack whopper vouchers 很感兴趣，我于是叫他要就拿去用。 Gabriel 激发了我的想像力，我好像在那里看过hamburger cupcake 这东西，于是今早无聊没事干就在厨房里试试新玩意。
其实昨天下午接到了好朋友Emily从香港的来电，她说这个周末她要参加一个聚会，不知到要准备些什么吃的，问我有什么好提议，我们讨论了一大轮之后，好像也没什么结果。好吧， 等下再给她打个电话，看看有没有兴趣弄个可爱的汉堡cupcake 赴约。
185g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
140g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g Self raising flour
30g plain flour
2 tbs orange marmalade
some sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a 12 holes muffin tray
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together with electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift the flours together and fold in alternately with the milk.
Divide mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
Rest the cakes on the wire rack till cool. Glaze with orange marmalade and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Slice the cakes into half and reserve as the burger buns.
83g self raising flour
15g cocoa powder
90g caster sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
65g unsalted butter (melted)
1 tbs finely grated orange zest
Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a 6 holes muffin tray (without lining with muffin cups)
Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and add in sugar.
Add the egg, milk, melted butter and orange zest and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
Divide the mixture among the muffin holes and bake for 18-20 minutes.
When cook, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Cut the cake into half. Reserve the cakes as “ the meat”
To Make the Lettuce
2 drops green colour
1 drop yellow colour
¾ cup coconut flakes
Mix green and yellow colour in a bowl and mix in coconut. (I use a plastic bag to shake well tto give the coconut a even colour mix)
Cream Cheese Frosting (For cheese and tomato sauce decoration)
120g cream cheese (softened)
60g unsalted butter (softened)
1 ½ tbs lemon juice
180g icing sugar
1 tbs yellow colour
1tbs red colour
1. To make lemon cream
2. Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric beater until smooth. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Divide the cream into 2 portions and mix one portion with yellow and the other with red.
4. Chill in the fridge for ½ an hour before use.
1. Spread the yellow cream cheese frosting on the bottom part of the vanilla cake. Top with a piece of jaffa cake.
2. Spread the red cream cheese frosting on top of the jaffa cake. Sprinkle some green coconut flakes (on top of the red cream cheese.
3. Lastly, sandwich the top part of the vanilla cake to make a complete burger.
Reference: Cupcakes: a fine selection of sweet, pg.14, 57 & 94
我选用coconut flakes 做lettuce的装饰