这样在埋头苦做了两年，从一个连饭都不是很爱煮的师奶到整天无煮不欢，从一个连上镜都不爱的女人到会拿起相机一直到处捕抓镜头，这 就是food blogging 培育出来的新时代女人啊！其实听过有人说，拿别人的食谱来炫耀有什么了不起，非也，其实烘培不缺食谱，能掌握食谱，改进食谱，和不断的创作是烘培的精神。我希望我能一直延续这股热诚和精神。。。你们也一样，一起加油！
迈入新的一年，我今天也尝试了一个新食谱。每次都听人说Swiss Meringue Buttercream是Buttercream之中最好吃的一种，想做了很久，但是又怕失败，所以迟迟不敢动手。但是看到Pick Yin的这个Gula Melaka Buttercream后，让我毫不犹豫的即刻开工。顺滑轻盈的奶油霜让我深深爱上。加上它能在室温保持状况至少三到五天，更是装饰蛋糕条件很好的奶油霜。香兰＋ 椰糖，如此熟习的口味，彬彬出现在娘惹糕点里，但是香兰戚风和椰糖奶油霜也竟然查出一个不一样火花。。。
Pandan Chiffon Cake 香兰戚风蛋糕
makes 2x 5" pan with removable bottom
3 egg yolks
55g milk + 1/2tsp pandan extract (mix well)
40g corn oil
70g cake flour
10g corn flour
3 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of Tartar
1. Prepare 2 x 5” round cake
2. Separate egg whites and yolk into two mixing bowls.
3. Add in sugar into egg yolks, immediately lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light
4. Add in corn oil, mix well. Then add in pandan milk, stir well to combine.
5. Sift in flour, stir till well combine.
6. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy, gradually add in sugar in there times and continue beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight up with a little curve at the tip)
7.Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
8.Fold in 1/3 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
9. Pour into round cake tin, bake at pre-heated oven at 140C (no fan) for 25mins at low rack, then increase to 160C(fan forced) for another 15mins.
10.Once baked, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.
11. Slice each cake into half (you will yied 4 slices).
For the frosting:
100 grams gula Melaka, crushed
1/4 cup water
300 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 large egg whites
220 grams granulated sugar
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Make the frosting:
1. In a heavy-based saucepan over medium low heat, melt the gula Melaka with the water. Stir till all the sugar has melted, then let it reduce slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool completely to room temperature. The caramel will thicken more as it cools. If it becomes too thick, thin out with a little bit of water before using.
3. Combine the egg whites, sugar and salt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk frequently, keeping it over the heat, until the mixture reaches about 70°C and the sugar has dissolved (rub some between your fingers - if it feels grainy, it hasn't dissolved).
4. Transfer the mixture to a mixer with a whisk attached and beat on medium-high for 8 minutes, until stiff peaks have formed and the mixture has cooled to room temperature.
5. Turn down the speed to medium and start adding small chunks of butter, checking that it has incorporated before adding more. Keep beating until it comes together, this will take about 5 minutes.
6. Add in the vanilla. With the mixer running, slowly drizzle in the gula Melaka caramel, beating until well combined.
1. Sandwich each layer of cake with the buttercream.
2. Crumb coat the cake and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Using “star” piping nozzle to pipe rosettes ( I use Wilton 24). Starts from the side of the cake first, then cover the top of the cake.
Chiffon Cake Recipe Adapted from : Sonia – Nasi Lemak Lover
Gula Melaka Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe refer to: