Ingredients: (make 10)
1/2kg pork belly, cut into bite size
12 pcs dried chestnuts (I used cooked chesnut)
12 pcs dried oyster
6 dried shitake mushrooms (soak in water to soften and trim the stem)
1 bulbs of garlic (finely chop)
50g dried shrimp (soak in water for 15 mins)
500g glutinous rice (soak in water overnight, drain rice)
Soak the bamboo leaves overnight, clean thoroughly and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and dry the leaves. Set aside.
Marinated pork belly:
1. Add 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp five spice powder, 1tsp chicken powder, salt . Mix well and marinate overnight in fridge.
1. To prepare filling: heat oil in wok, stir fry mushroom until fragrant, add in marinated pork and dried oysters for 5 mins, add chestnuts. Add some water and let it simmer for another 10 mins. Set aside.
2. To prepare glutinous rice: add 100ml oil into the wok used in (1). Add garlic and dried shrimp, stir-fry until fragrant. Add glutinous rice, mix well. Sufficiant oil added will ensure the rice wouldn't stick on the bamboo leave later. Add 3tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tbsp dark soy sauce. (Depends on how dark and salty you want the rice dumpling to be)
3. To assemble: Overlap two pieces of bamboo leaves, make a cone shape and press in a spoonful of rice, top with filling and cover with rice again. wrap up the rice dumplings and tie with grass strands. (I used nylon string)
4. To Boil: Prepare a big pot of water in pressure cooker, when water boiled, add 2-3 Tbsp salt into water. Lower down the rice dumplings, boil for at least 45mins. The water level has to be always above the rice dumplings. Take out the rice dumplings while it is done, dip dry the rice dumplings by hanging.