留意到了她左下角的Resource里有一个日本网页叫Miraheme, 很好奇的click进去看看。这个blog果然有很多很可爱的制作品，但却全是用日语书写的。在里头，我就下了目标要做这个草莓挞。现在是草莓盛产季节，草莓很甜也很便宜，一包才块半钱，一旦过季草莓就是酸而且又贵了。我看不懂日文，于是趁日本同事有上班时，就快快叫她帮忙翻译一下。我只叫她翻译了custard的食谱和做法，因为想用Bourke 的shortcrust pastry试试看。这就形成了今天的 Strawberrry Custard Tart。
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry (pāté brisée)
200g unsalted butter, chilled cut into 1.5cm cubes
10ml vinegar, chilled
50g caster sugar, chilled
85ml water, chilled
332g all purpose flour, chilled
1. Remove butter from the fridge 20 minutes before use.
2. Put the vinegar and sugai in a bowl and add the water and stir well. Set aside for use.
3. Put the flour and salt in the bowl of the food processor and add the butter, pulsing in 1 second bursts about 3 times to partly combine.
4. Turn out the flour mixture onto a clean surface and gather together.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture and use the palm of your hand to smear this mixture away from you across the work surface. Gather together again and repeat this smearing
process twice or more before gathering the dough again.
5. Shape the dough into a round disc about 2cm thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. Remove the pastry 20 minutes before you wish to roll it.
7. Roll the pastry to 3mm thick to fit in a 18cm loose based tart tin.
8. Rest the pastry for at least 30 minutes to relax the gluten.
9. Blind bake at preheated oven 200C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. Let the tart cool on wire rack.
100cc whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
35g caster sugar
Strawberries about 9 cut into half
1. Place sugar and milk in a pan on low heat till sugar dissolved. Keep temperature below 50 C.
2. Stir in the egg. Sift the custard mixture to become a smooth mixture with no air bubbles.
3. Arrange strawberries in the tart. Pour over sifted custard and bake in preheated oven 170C for 25 minutes.
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry refer to Bourke Street Bakery and strawberry custard refer to Mirahime