每年的Australian Master Chef 比赛，我都一定不会放过。娱乐之于又可以学习到很多烹饪的技巧。这个塔也是从 Master class 里偷师的。就是为了这个塔，特地去买了blow torch 来玩玩。幸好Woolworths 大减价，就多买了一个给姐姐， 因为她打电话给我说在他家附近的Woolworths都卖光光了。现在一人有一支blow torch，可以一起玩masak masak。 很开心叻！
90g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
1 pinch salt
1 vanilla bean, seeds scrapped and bean discarded
20g almond meal
160g plain flour
Lemon curd filling
30g pouring cream Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 egg yolks
30g caster sugar
30g butter, diced
2 egg whites
140g caster sugar
1.) Cream the butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add vanilla bean seeds and beat until fluffy.Add egg and mix to combine. Add almond meal and flour and mix until mixture forms a dough.
2.) Place between two sheets of cling wrap, flatten and refrigerate for 2 hours to rest.
3.) Flour bench, lay pastry on top and dust again with flour. Roll to a desired thickness and prick well with a fork. Cut rounds with a 12cm cookie cutter and lay into 10cm diameter tartlet cases. Gently press into tins to fit and roll over tartlets with a rolling pin to trim edges. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4.) Bake at 160°C for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Baked Lemon Meringue Tart
1. Preheat oven to 170⁰C.
2. Pour cream, lemon juice and zest into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, add half the cream and juice mixture and whisk to combine. Pour back into the saucepan with remaining cream and cook, whisking until mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
4. Pass through a fine sieve and whisk in butter until thick and glossy. Allow to chill for 30 minutes. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe into baked tart shells and bake for 10 mins.
5. For meringue, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add caster sugar, beating well between each addition until dissolved.
6. Pipe meringue onto the filled tartlet cases and brown with a blow torch.
Reference : Master Chef 2011–Vincent Gadan