Strawberry and Mandarin Tarts
这是我一年前的的作品了，当时没有blog，就只是把成品拿来拍拍照，放上facebook。 我当是所用的shortcrust pastry是另一个pastry。但是后来试用了几种不同的pastry之后，还是觉得Okashi的好吃，所以现在都只用她的配方。我是看到Dailydelicious的水果塔装饰得很美，她是在最后洒上pistachio让水果塔的装饰更为生动，于是我也依样葫芦，但是下手中了，洒了很多，就只因为爱吃pistachio。Dailydelicious的blog封面就有得看到她漂亮的士多碑梨塔照片了，请参考这里。我记得这是去年给同事Tran做的生日水果塔。
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
140g unsalted butter, at room temperature
70g icing sugar
a pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
40g ground almonds
260g pastry flour, sifted
2tsp plain flour
1/4 orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
3/4 tsp grated orange zest
1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp gelatine powder
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tbsp Grand Marnier
Assorted fresh fruit
Chopped pistachio for decoration (*optional)
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
1) Prepare sweet short pastry. Beat butter, icing sugar , salt and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until just combine. Add eggs and beat well. Add ground almonds and mix well. Add flour and fold through completely. Mix batter until a smooth dough and wrap dough in cling film. Place in the refrigerator to rest for at least 3 hours.
2）Preheat oven to 180 C
3）Unwrap dough and place on a non-stick baking mat. Roll out the dough to thickness 3-5 mm.
4） Transfer to a 20cm tart pan with removable bottom. Prick the dough with folk and bake crust about 18 minutes or until golden. Let stand in pan on wire rack to cool.
To prepare orange cream
1) Melt butter in (A) in a small saucepan on medium. Add flour, mix well. Slowly stir in orange juice, lemon juice and whipping cream. Stir until boiling and thicken. Remove from heat.
2) Beat egg yolk, orange zest and lemon zest with fork in small cup. Add 1 spoonful hot orange juice mixture. Heat and stir on medium low for 1 minute. Transfer to small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent skin from forming. Cool to room temperature.
3) Beat (B) in a small bowl on high until light and fluffy. Add orange juice mixture. Beat on slow until smooth. Makes about 1 1/4 cups cream. Spread evenly on the prepare tart shell.
4) Arrange assorted fruits. Chill until cold.
1) Sprinkle gelatine over apple juice in separate small saucepan. Stand for 1 minute. Heat and stir on low until dissolved completely.
2) Stir in liqueur. Cool to room temperature. Glaze the top of the fruits carefully. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts (optional). Chill until the glaze is set.
Reference： Decadent Desserts by Jean Pare, pg 150.