4x 55g cherry ripe chocolate bar
250g unsalted butter
230 caster sugar ( I used 200g)
1 tsp vanilla essence
155g self raising flour
45 desiccated coconut
2 tbs cocoa powder
3 eggs12 cherries to
Chocolate Icing ( Frosting)
250g icing sugar
60g cocoa powder
20g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 160 c
- Place cherry bars, butter, sugar and vanilla in a heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate has melted.
- Stir in eggs.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder mixed with coconut. Mix the melted chocolate with the flour mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 18-20 mins.
- Let the cake stand for 15 minutes to cool.
- To make the chocolate icing, place the icing sugar and cocoa into a large bowl. Add the butter and enough boiling water to make a smooth and spreadable consistency. Spread the icing over each cake and decorate with cherry.
Cupcakes- a fine selection of sweet treats, pg136