很多次在食谱里看到camquat这水果，都很想试试。但是这水果很难在一般的商店买得到。上个周末，随口问问我的ward clark （Sue）知道哪家有得买鸭胸，想要试一道法国鸭胸菜。想不到Sue就给了我几个地址，还画了地图给我。乘着上下午班，早上反正也闲着，就南下去逛逛。我是没什么方向感的女人，好不容易才给我找到这家店。哎哟真的不枉次行， 这店里卖了很多欧洲进口货， 就连我找遍很多家都没卖的chesnut puree 都有着落了。 当我走到水果部门， 更加预想不到会碰上这金桔。头脑里马上出现了 Shirley 家的这食谱 请看这里。我看了她的这pound cake 很久了， 久违了这很好看又好吃的蛋糕。 这个星期，我一连做足七天的工，昨天还上了double， 今天该是放假休息的日子了。约了姐姐和咖啡，我叫她一定要出来，因为我要带这美味蛋糕跟她分享。对了，这周末看到Sue还要感谢她一番才行呢！
Cake Flour 342g
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Unsalted butter 227g (softened at room temperature)
Castor sugar 600g (I used 330g)
Vanilla extract 1 tbsp
Almond extract 1.5 tsp
Heavy Cream 240ml
Castor Sugar 100g
Vanilla paste 1tsp
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
2. Place softened butter in a mixer fitted with a paddle fixture. Cream butter at medium low speed. Add sugar in 3 separate additions, allowing sugar to be incorporated with butter after each addition. The butter should be creamy and pale after all sugar has been well mixed.
3. Add eggs one at a time, allowing the egg to be mixed well with the butter after each addition.
4. Add vanilla and almond extract.
5. Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 portions, alternating each addition with a portion of the heavy cream until all flour is added.
6. Pour batter into a lined/ buttered pound cake pan.
7. Bake at 160C for 50mins or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool down cake to room temperature before turning out the cake carefully from the baking pan.
9. Serve with Cumquat Compote.
1. Clean Kumquat and slice each kumquat horizontally in half. Remove pits.
2.. Place sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Heat up the saucepan until sugar dissolves and just begin to simmer. Add Kumquats and simmer for about 5 mins.
3. Cool down to room temperature. Place a round piece of baking paper over the cumquat to keep it submerged in the syrup. Leave this in the fridge overnight.
4. Strain cumquat from Syrup. Return syrup into saucepan. Heat up syrup to a low simmer. Add vanilla paste and let simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Pour syrup over kumquats in a storage container. Cover and refrigerate overnight.